Injuries from a slip and fall accident have a large range of severity, and in some cases may seem as if a person is not injured at all immediately following the accident. However, several days after the fall occurs the injuries become more painful and what a person thought was just a bruise turns into a major injury.
In other instances, the pain is immediate and an individual can feel it once the accident occurs. In such cases, injuries such as torn ligaments (examples being torn ACLs, tears in rotator cuffs) can be felt immediately. These injuries require immediate medical attention and usually long term physical therapy.
What Can I be Compensated for in a Slip and Fall Accident?
When it comes to any injury, including cases where a slip and fall has occurred, there are many things that can be affected in a person’s daily life. We at Schiller Law Offices explore all the hardships you have experienced as a result of the injury and work with you to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve. Some common types of hardships include:
- Medical expenses (hospital visits, physical therapy)
- Loss of income due to missing time from work
- Disability or reduction of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Miscellaneous expense (example: prescription costs)
Why Schiller Law Offices?
When it comes to a slip and fall accident, we understand the law on these matters. These cases fall under a law known as Premise Liability, which states that the property owners must use reasonable care in managing and maintaining their premises to avoid exposure of unreasonable risks on others. We understand that property owners have a duty to inspect unsafe conditions and repair them or provide proper warning to advise others of the risks. Because of our experience with these types of cases we know the questions that need to be asked, we know what to look for to ensure the best case possible for you, and we also know that a large amount of research will need to be done to ensure all of these things.
- Conducting site inspection in order to see the danger firsthand
- Securing evidence. We will work quickly to find any evidence available
- Tracking down witnesses to said accident or of the dangerous conditions
- Locating prior complaints, in some cases there have been prior incidences at the same location.