When it comes to brain injuries, both open and closed head injuries are equally severe. Open head injuries can be seen by anyone, they are often very frightening. When the scalp is punctured it tends to bleed a lot, and even more terrifying is that if the skull is cracked some of the pieces can get lodged in the brain. These pieces can be quite difficult to remove, and most likely will need surgery. The other type, closed head, is severe and is dangerous in a different way.
From the outside, a person can seem just fine. Sometimes victims do not feel the impact of the injury until days later, at which point they have already left medical treatment. If a victim does not show signs of injury, medical professionals might not take the necessary steps to determine a closed head injury occurred. Detection is done by MRI or CT scan, so a person who does not seem to be experiencing injuries does not always get these expensive procedures in order to avoid unnecessary spending.
TBI is classified as mild or severe. Since there is no set description of what victims experience, the difference between these two categories is the length and severity of their symptoms. Examples of symptoms also include a very wide range, such as memory or concentration issues, dizziness, drowsiness, loss of consciousness, convulsions or seizures, and slurred speech.
When it comes to TBI’s effect on individuals, approximately 85 percent that experience symptoms eventually have a resolution from these symptoms; they eventually subside. For the remaining 15 percent, the symptoms last for an extended period of time. We are here to represent individuals that fall into either percentile. We have experience working cases like these, and we understand what you are going through and what it takes to give you the best case possible for your particular injuries, accidents, and needs.